Effective: July 2016
Last modified: July 2016
This Policy applies to and describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit, use and interact with our website located at http://www.mskennedy.com and any subdomains of http://www.mskennedy.com (collectively the "Website") and our practices for collecting, storing, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information. This Policy also applies when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
This Policy does not apply to information collected by us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- to present our Website and its contents to you;
- for search engine optimization purposes;
- to customize and/or improve the performance, content and functionality of our Website;
- to provide you with information, technical support, products or services that you request from us;
- to allow third party service providers to perform services on our behalf;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to provide you with notices about your account, as may be applicable, including expiration and renewal notices;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to our Website, or any products or services we offer or provide though any of the foregoing;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website;
- to prevent and detect fraud and other misuse of the Website or services we offer;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
- for any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own or third-parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please see the “Opt-Out” Section below.
Collection, Use and Storage Use of Personal Information
As discussed and defined further below, we may collect, store, and/or use personal information about those who access and use our Website and other services we offer. The collection, storage, and/or use of personal information shall be limited to the purposes identified above (or otherwise specifically identified/described to you), unless otherwise obvious or within your reasonable expectation, or as otherwise permitted or required by law.
You can visit our Website without revealing any personal information. We do, however, collect, store, and/or use personal information when it is voluntarily submitted to us (e.g., when requesting specific product or service information, registering to use aspects of our Website, and/or registering to use and/or downloading software and services we offer as may be applicable). You should be aware that any personal information posted by you on any of our Website’s public forums, message boards or any other interactive or social pages, as may be applicable, can be seen, collected, and used by other members of the public who we are not responsible for and are not under our control. As such, we suggest you use your discretion prior to posting any personal information. Also, after such information is posted, we may not be able to remove such posted information.
Collection, Use and Storage Use of Non-Personal Information
We may also collect, store, and/or use non-personal information (for the purposes described above) via a variety of tracking technologies. As discussed, further below, this information may include information such as details of your visits to and use of our Website, including traffic data, location data, and other meta data including information regarding the number of downloads of available information on our Website, and of your use of our software and services offered.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age, and Company does not specifically target the Website to children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information to, on or through this Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us via the “Contact Information” set forth at the end of this Policy.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website including information:
We collect directly from you when you provide it to us:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, company name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth or age (for the purpose of complying with applicable children’s privacy statutes), credit card or debit card number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (" personal information");
We collect automatically as you navigate through and use the Website:
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as statistical data related to your use of the Website;
- about your use of and interaction with the Website;
- about your postings on any forums, message boards, Wiki pages, or any other interactive, social, live chat, or informational pages, as may be applicable; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details, and location of such equipment.
Information You Provide to Us
We may ask you to or you may otherwise provide some personal information if you do any of the following on or through the Website:
- contact us from the Website by, for example, filling in forms on our Website;
- request information;
- share a message or comment with us (via email, text, or other electronic messages) or through others who use the Website (on or through the Website), or otherwise providing information on or through the Website, and such message or comment may be publicly available (provide information to be published or on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (as may be applicable));
- respond to surveys or other questions that we might ask you to complete/answer for research purposes;
- perform searches on the Website;
- carry out any other transaction on or through the Website; or
- request further services, or alert us of any issues or problems with our Website, services, products, materials, events etc.
You may choose whether to enter personal information when you visit our Website. You are not required to do so. If you choose not to provide the information that we request and/or otherwise may be required to do so under certain circumstances listed above, we may be unable to respond to your request, provide a requested service, or proceed with a requested transaction etc. We do, however, collect, store, and/or use personal information when it is voluntarily submitted to us, as noted above.
As noted, you may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"), as may be applicable. Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- details of your visits to, use of, and interaction with our Website, including traffic data, location data, and other meta data including information regarding resources that you access and use on the Website including the number of downloads of available information on our Website (e.g., white papers, product datasheets, flyers); number of viewers that watch our product or other videos and slideshows including duration of each video and/or slideshow watched, as may be applicable; and logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website;
- details of your use of software and services; and
- information about your computer or mobile device and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, location based data including geographic location of your computer or mobile device, and unique computer or mobile device identifiers.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information, or we may maintain the statistical data or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and/or related services and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences and particular uses of our Website, allowing us to customize and/or improve the performance, content and functionality of our Website according to your individual interests; and
- recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Heat Map Tracking. This technology tracks a user’s behavior and use of particular features of our Website.
Anaren does not use tracking or measurement tools that would allow your individual browsing activity to be tracked across third-party websites or that would give information about you as an individual to third-parties based on your browsing activity.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our Website’s users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, acquisition, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; and/or
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to comply with any court order or subpoena, law or legal process, including responding to any government, regulatory request, law enforcement agency or other public agency;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our customers or others, or if we feel that such disclosure may prevent the instigation of a crime, protect the security or integrity of our Website, or enable us to take precautions against liability.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an e-mail at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. To the extent applicable, we may not be able to fully delete your personal information. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Purchases of Anaren Products and Third Party Websites
Social Media, Widgets and Open Forums
To opt-out of having your information stored or shared with other parties, or receiving communications from us, please contact us in writing at:
6635 Kirkville Road
East Syracuse, NY 13057
Or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or indicate so on online forms as may be applicable.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information under our control from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password(s) for access to certain parts of our Website, as may be applicable, you are responsible for keeping this password(s) confidential. We ask you not to share your password(s) with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like forums or message boards, as may be applicable. The information you share publically such as in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, no computer system or the transmission of information via the internet is completely secure. Although we have implemented commercially reasonable safeguards to protect your personal information that we collect and store, no data security safeguards are foolproof and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.